TheVikingBunny

The Viking Bunny: Beyond The Written Horizon

Explorations in thought and the realm of the written word.

21st Century Dead: A Zombie Anthology
Simon R. Green, Orson Scott Card, Christopher Golden, Mark Morris, Jonathan Maberry, Dan Chaon, Cody Goodfellow, Thomas E. Sniegoski, Amber Benson, Daniel H. Wilson, Chelsea Cain, Brian Keene, John Skipp, Ken Bruen, Duane Swierczynski, John McIlveen, Caitlin Kittredge, S.
Then They Came For Me
Maziar Bahari
The Secret History of Wonder Woman
Jill Lepore
The Activist's Handbook: Winning Social Change in the 21st Century
Randy Shaw
Pugetopolis: A Mossback Takes on Growth Addicts, Weather Wimps, and the Myth of Seattle Nice
Knute Berger, Timothy Egan
Supergods
Grant Morrison
Progress: 57/473 pages

Down, goes the Madness Underneath

The Madness Underneath  - Maureen Johnson

This book was OK....but I don't think I'll be reading the next one to follow. I've given it a 3/5 because it was simply OK. It wasn't horrendous, but I did not enjoy reading it as much as the first instalment.

*SPOILER ALERT*

I feel as though it has fallen from an interestingly based criminal series to one of conspiracy. I would have much preferred the author explore the possibilities of crime by ghosts rather than take the (seemingly) more easy road of chalking it up to a secret society which intends to take over the world.

Also, I felt the main character's conviction and smarts slip in this instalment, pandering to her blonde, southern-belle stereotype a lot more. I had been glad to find a YA novel which depicted a strong female lead (even if she was obviously still coming into her own, given she IS a teen) that challenged these stereotypes, both to the readers and to the international characters she came into contact with in the book.